CruiseBooking.com PRIVACY STATEMENT
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use CruiseBooking.com only for viewing purposes and with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Minors - as defined by the laws of their jurisdiction or residence - are not eligible to register for, use or purchase products or services from our site. We do not knowingly collect information from any Minor.
Non-United States Visitors to the Site
This policy applies to residents of the United States. We do not accept jurisdiction of any other laws over our activities in the United States.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
A. Purpose - The information we collect or otherwise learn from visitors to our Site allows us to personalize and continually improve the total travel experience at CruiseBooking.com Here are the types of information we gather. We refer to your information and the information you provide to us about others as “information.”
B. Types -
1. User Supplied Information - We receive and store information you enter on our Web site, when you make a reservation, search, purchase a product or service, participate in a contest or questionnaire, communicate with customer service via telephone, online chat or other means, or give us information in any other way.
When you register on our site or otherwise book travel, information that we collect will include items we and travel service provider(s) require to complete your booking(s). For example, we may request your name and address (to fulfill an order placed), e-mail address, itineraries, buying and searching patterns, any reviews submitted and accompanying information, credit or debit card information supplied, shipping information, and financial information. This list is not exclusive, and may be altered without notice based on information that you supply voluntarily.
If you purchase travel for persons other than yourself, you may be required to provide some or all of the information mentioned above to us, you must have authorization from such persons to do so.
If you are a guest - that is, you have not registered on our site or otherwise booked travel - we record only limited information through cookies and pixel tags.
2. E-mail Communications - We communicate and make special offers available via email. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from CruiseBooking.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We often receive email lists from other companies who offer similar services to ours. To avoid sending duplicate emails to our clients, we compare our customer list to these lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail contact preferences or indicate your preference through our customer care area of our website.
3. Information from Other Sources - From time to time, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we may receive confirmations or other feedback from suppliers of travel services and transaction-related information from processors of your payments, updated address information and delivery confirmation from carriers, account information, purchase or redemption information. [Additionally, we may purchase demographic information about you to allow us to provide you personalized offerings.] We also may obtain search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google).
4. Cookies and Pixel Tags
2. SHARING OF INFORMATION
A. General - The information that we collect about our clients is critical to our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our clients and the site. Therefore, we are not in the business of selling this information to other Web sites or businesses. There are very limited circumstances where we do share some customer information, and this is outlined immediately below. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries we control that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
1. Third Parties - We may disclose your information to other third parties, to provide the products and services you require and to fulfill the travel arrangements placed by you. We share only such information as appropriate for the role such third parties play. For example, we disclose information to:
Travel Service Providers or other third parties whom you arrange for products or services through our site, such as airlines, car rentals, hotel, ground transportation, theatre or travel insurance. The information we provide them will vary based on the services or arrangements you have selected, and the applicable laws, regulations and internal procedures applicable to such Providers.
Other Service Providers performing services for or on our behalf.
2. Agents - Due to the size and complexity of our operation, it may be necessary for us to employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Agents are often used to assist with fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit or debit card payments, and providing customer service. These agents have access to only the information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
3. Promotional Offers - Occasionally we send offers to selected groups of CruiseBooking.com clients on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please log into your account and adjust your e-mail contact preferences.
4. Business Transfers - To improve the offerings and selection at our Web site, we occasionally acquire subsidiaries or particular business units may be bought by or merged with another entity, entities, or individuals. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that CruiseBooking.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
6. Travel Purchase Information - CruiseBooking.com collects the billing address of the credit card that is used to purchase travel. Please view https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/statutes/fair-credit-reporting-act/545a_fair-credit-reporting-act-0918.pdf for additional information on our commitment to protecting your credit card security.
7. With Your Consent - Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
A. Software Used - To protect the security of your information during transmission, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
B. Order Confirmation - We reveal only the last four digits of your credit or debit card numbers when confirming an order. To process an order, it is necessary to transmit the entire credit or debit card number and related information needed to the appropriate third party processing your transaction. The third party processing your transaction may, in turn, provide payment confirmation and related information to us and to the providers of products or services related to the transaction.
C. Signing off - To prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information, it is important for you to monitor those who have access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
4. USER ACCESS TO INFORMATION
A. General - When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you will see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. Examples of information you can access easily at CruiseBooking.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally, identifiable information (including name, e-mail, changing your password, e-mail contact preferences,); payment settings (including credit or debit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and other balances); e-mail contact preferences.
5. USER CHOICES WITH REGARD TO ACCESS OF INFORMATION
B. Prior Information - You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “User Access to Information” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
C. Customer communication - If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your account setting regarding email contact preferences. (You cannot waive the applicability of the Terms and Conditions of Use and other legal notices, such as this Privacy Notice, and if you elect not to receive those notices, they will still govern your use of CruiseBooking.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
D. Cookie Choices - All Web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies, or to prompt the user before accepting them. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, affecting the acceptance of cookies means that you will not be able to use such important features as accelerated ordering unless you leave them turned on.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
D. Other Web Sites - There are places throughout CruiseBooking.com that may link you to other Web Sites that do not operate under CruiseBooking.com’s information privacy practices. When you click through to these Websites, CruiseBooking.com’s information privacy practices will no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third-party Web sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing information.
E. Purchase travel - As a registered CruiseBooking.com member, you will occasionally receive e-mails notifying you of special promotions or other travel news. Special promotional e-mails are intended to inform you of new or unique travel opportunities or special deals that are available on CruiseBooking.com If you have purchased travel services, you may also receive a CruiseBooking e-newsletter that provides information about your destination, such as weather conditions, current events, or items of interest. If you choose to receive our CruiseBooking e-newsletter, we will use your e-mail address to notify you of current fares to cities you have selected. You can opt out of your subscription to CruiseBooking.com's promotional e-mail services at any time by forwarding an email to CruiseBooking.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line requesting that your subscription be discontinued.
Let's Connect is a live-chat service which enables a simple, direct online communication between [website operator] and its website visitors.
PATHADVICE International GmbH
c/o CHG Czernich Haidlen Gast & Partner Rechtsanwälte GmbH
Bozner Platz 4
Michael Suitner: email@example.comReason of Processing The service is used for a direct online communication with website visitors.
Used device, browser language, browser type/version, page URL, geographical location, date and time of access, referrer URL, duration of access, contact details entered by the website visitor
Art. 6 Abs. 1 a) und f) DSGVO
After the termination of the customer communication, the data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the specified processing purposes. The maximum storage period is 3 years.
PATHADVICE International GmbH, c/o CHG Czernich Haidlen Gast & Partner Rechtsanwälte GmbH, Bozner Platz 4, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
[Website operator] uses the live chat service Let's Connect of PATHADVICE International GmbH, c/o CHG Czernich Haidlen Gast & Partner Rechtsanwälte GmbH, Bozner Platz 4, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, (hereinafter referred to as "Let's Connect") on this website, which enables simple, direct online communication between [website operator] and its website visitors. When operating Let's Connect, the following data is processed: Used device, browser language, browser type/version, page URL, geographical location, date and time of access, referrer URL, duration of access, contact details entered by the website visitor; The afore mentioned data is used exclusively for the operation of the live chat service and communication with website visitors. For more information see https://www.letsconnect.at/data-privacy.
[Website operator] uses the service of Let's Connect based on consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 a) DSGVO. In addition, the use of Let's Connect is also based on legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 f) DSGVO. By means of Let's Connect, it is possible for [website operator] to provide efficient and secure online communication for interested website visitors. After the termination of the customer communication, the data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the specified processing purposes. The maximum storage period is 3 years.