- Boarding and departure assistance with wheelchairs for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Gift for guests who are blind.
- Request assistance upon arrival at the pier or contact for prioritized service.
- Potential wait during peak times; crew members cannot lift guests.
- Guests with mobility disabilities receive expedited processing at the pier.
- Priority boarding if boarding has yet to start.
- Advanced arrangements for accessible transportation between the airport and the pier are available.
- There is no extra charge for transfer-purchasing guests.
- Limited availability outside the United States.
Wheelchairs and Scooters:
- Complimentary wheelchairs for embarking and disembarking.
- Bring your wheelchair or scooter or rent from cruise-approved rental companies.
- Allowed assistive devices: wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers, canes, etc.
- Safety policy: Segways® are not permitted on board.
- No medical certificates or disability placards are required.
- Attestation of an accessible stateroom is needed during the booking process.
- There are no mandatory travel companions for guests with disabilities.
- Personnel are not responsible for personal tasks (eating, dressing, etc.).
- Consider personal assistance needs when booking.
- Discuss fitness to travel without personal service with the Access Department.
- Service dogs are defined as trained to perform tasks for a person with a disability.
- Service dogs are allowed; they are not considered pets.
- Celebrity Cruises strives to accommodate guests' dietary requirements whenever possible.
- For detailed information, refer to the complete guide provided by Celebrity Cruises.
- Celebrity ships prioritize guest comfort and enjoyment, thus enforcing a non-smoking policy.
- Prohibition includes hookahs and water pipes alongside traditional smoking methods.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within staterooms, stateroom balconies, dining venues, theatres, bars, lounges, hallways, elevators, jogging tracks, and most indoor areas.
- Designated outdoor spaces also have no-smoking designations, covering restricted areas, food venues, kids' play areas, and pools.
- Violating the "No Smoking" policy adds a cleaning fee to the guest's onboard account.
- Smoking areas are available on the ship and indicated by signs, with ashtrays provided.
- The Guest Relations Desk can provide information about the ship's designated smoking areas.
- Casinos in specific itineraries have clear signage for smoking and non-smoking zones.
- Cigar and pipe tobacco usage is confined to specified outdoor areas and potential cigar bars.
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) are only allowed in designated smoking areas.
- Responsible disposal of cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco is required, avoiding throwing them overboard.
- Purchasing, possessing, or using tobacco requires the guest to be at least 21 years old.
- International voyages departing from various ports will adhere to local smoking laws throughout the journey.
- Replacing higher wattage halogen and incandescent bulbs with fluorescent and LED lights.
- Fluorescent and LED bulbs require 80% less energy and generate 50% less heat.
- Longer-lasting bulbs contribute to energy conservation and more efficient air conditioning.
Propulsion and Hull Design:
- Adopt common rail diesel engines for ships, reducing energy consumption and NOX emissions at all engine loads.
- Innovative hull design and propulsion systems lead to significant energy savings.
Heating, Ventilation, and AC:
- Installation of efficient air-conditioning equipment in ships.
- System design improvements and automation further enhance energy efficiency.
Operation Conservation Measures:
- Environmental policies guide shipboard and shoreside employees in energy-saving practices.
- Staff and guests are advised to turn off lights, water, and appliances when unused.
- Temperature thermostats are adjusted to save energy when areas are unoccupied.
- Towels and bed linens are encouraged for multiple services before laundering.
Fresh Water Consumption:
- Water-reduction technology and appliances installed to minimize water usage.
- Features include sink aerators, efficient showerheads, reduced-flow dishwashers, and low-consumption laundry equipment.
Advanced Wastewater Purification:
- Fleet-wide installation of Advanced Wastewater Purification (AWP) systems.
- AWP systems create clean water exceeding global ship wastewater discharge standards.
Renewable Energy Sources:
- Solar power technology integrated into ships.
- Solar panels contribute clean power, reducing reliance on fossil fuels.
- 500m2 (about twice the tennis court area) of solar panels can power ship elevators or around 7,000 LED lights.
- Installation of high-efficiency appliances throughout ships.
- A comprehensive evaluation of appliances for energy efficiency, including TVs, coffeemakers, ice makers, ovens, and dishwashers.
- Application of window films with solar heat prevention properties.
- Declines the need for excessive air conditioning, resulting in energy savings.
- Application of innovative silicone paints on ship hulls.
- Environmentally safe coatings increase hull smoothness, reducing the energy required for water travel.
What's included in The Retreat experience?
Private Restaurant - Luminae (at The Retreat)
- Exclusive dining experience
- Available at The Retreat
Exclusive Lounge - The Retreat Lounge (or Michael's Club, on non-revolutionized ships)
- Private lounge for Retreat guests
- It may be named The Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club, depending on the ship
Exclusive Sundeck - The Retreat Sundeck (on Edge Series and revolutionized ships)
- Private outdoor area for Retreat guests
- Available on Edge Series and revolutionized ships
Exclusive Pool - The Retreat Pool (on Edge Series ships only)
- Private pool for Retreat guests
- Offered exclusively on Edge Series ships
Suite Accommodations - The Retreat includes all suites
- All suite accommodations are part of The Retreat experience
Dedicated Butler Service
- Personal butler service for Retreat guests
- Upscale amenities for enhanced comfort
- Premium Drinks
- Wide selection of high-quality beverages
- Streaming Wi-Fi (two guests in a suite)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access for the first two suite guests
- Gratuity charges are included
- Onboard Credit
- Credit to spend on shipboard purchases
- Shore Excursion Credit
- Credit for booking shore excursions
During the Day - Shore Excursions:
- Pack swimsuits and coverups.
- Walking shorts and sun-protective shirts.
- Lightweight slacks, skirts, or sundresses.
- Light sweater or jacket.
- Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are advised.
- Long-sleeved clothing, sweaters.
- Layerable pants.
- Waterproof jackets, hats, gloves, and umbrellas for rain/snow.
- Appropriate footwear and gear for excursions and terrain.
- Water shoes for waterfall hikes.
- Headscarves or conservative attire for cultural sites.
During the Day - Shipboard:
- Casual resort wear, sundresses, shorts, polos, or button-downs.
- Sandals, low heels, loafers.
- Activewear and sneakers for the gym.
- Bathing suits with coverups.
- T-shirts, tanks, hats, sunglasses.
- Avoid wearing swimsuits, see-through coverups, robes, bare feet, tank tops, T-shirts, and baseball caps.
- Smart Casual is required for main dining, specialty dining, and Celebrity Theatre.
- Smart Casual includes comfortable yet tasteful attire:
- Dresses, skirts, long pants, stylish tops, and button-downs.
- No shorts or flip-flops.
At Night - Evening Chic:
- One to two "formal" nights called Evening Chic per itinerary.
- Dress to impress with glamorous and sophisticated attire:
- Cocktail dresses, skirts, slacks, designer jeans.
- Elegant dress tops, blazers.
- Optional: Tuxedos or gowns for photos.
- Daily program and Guest Relations Desk guide attire.
- Innovative Casual is acceptable for dining/theatre if not participating.
Wi-Fi & Internet Access
Premium Wi-Fi Package:
- Share vacation memories on social media
- Message & video chat with friends and family
- Browse the web and send emails with large files
- Enjoy streaming videos, movies, shows, and music
Basic Wi-Fi Package:
- Web browsing and emailing
- Texting on select messaging apps
- A budget-friendly option for staying connected
- No sharing of large files, photos, or videos on social media
- No streaming apps or video calls are allowed
- Infants must be at least 6 months old for the cruise/Cruise tour.
- On certain cruises/Cruise tours, the minimum age for infants might be extended to 12 months.
Responsible Alcohol Consumption:
- Excessive alcohol impairs judgment and awareness of danger.
- Guests consuming alcohol must do so responsibly.
- Ship staff can refuse service to irresponsible drinkers.
- Age verification may be requested for alcohol service.
- Providing alcohol to minors is prohibited.
- Drinking games are not allowed.
Minimum Drinking Age:
- North America and UAE sailings: Minimum age 21.
- Private destinations: Minimum age 21.
- Australia, South America, Europe, Asia, and New Zealand sailings: Minimum age 18.
- The home port's drinking age determines sailing's legal drinking age.
- Guests can check specific age requirements with Guest Relations or cruise info.
Age Verification and Modifications:
- Guest age is determined at the start of the cruise.
- Guests celebrating birthdays can modify the period for alcohol access.
- Age verification is required through a valid government ID.
- Guests can only bring alcohol on embarkation day.
- Legal drinking age guests can bring two 750 ml (about 25.36 oz) wine bottles (with a corkage fee).
- There is no corkage fee for Classic/Premium Beverage Package holders.
- Security can inspect containers for concealed alcohol.
- The ship's personnel secure onboard shop/port purchases.
- Secured alcohol returned at cruise conclusion, except for underage guests.
Offshore Alcohol Consumption:
- Guests are responsible for responsible drinking onshore.
- Parents/guardians responsible for minor/young adult children's actions.
- Safety awareness is essential when returning to the ship.
Attention to Detail for Boundless Vacation:
- Commitment to an unparalleled vacation experience.
- Every detail is considered for an exceptional cruise.
- Emphasis on easy ship access and unforgettable journeys.
Inclusive Cruise Experience:
- Dedicated to meeting special accessibility needs.
- Optimization of ships for passengers with specific requirements.
- Wheelchair accessibility for public doors.
- Specially designed staterooms for wheelchair users.
- Incorporation of Braille signage for visually impaired guests.
- Utilize the Celebrity Cruises Guest Special Needs Form.
- Contact the Special Services team using the details provided.
- Communicate accessibility needs in advance of the cruise.
- Celebrity Cruises® offers a choice-driven experience with pre-packaged popular amenities for convenience and value on your cruise.
- The package includes three main amenities: Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Tips, making it a simple and comprehensive deal.
- Drinks: Access a wide range of beverages, including beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass, sodas, juices, specialty coffees, and bottled water through the Classic Drinks Package.
- Wi-Fi: Stay connected with Basic Wi-Fi access, so you can browse the web, check your emails, and use messaging apps to stay in touch.
- Tips: Enjoy a worry-free vacation, as gratuities are already covered to enhance your overall experience.
- Prices: The prices mentioned are per person, cruise, and applicable only to stateroom bookings.
- Cruise-Only Rates: Automatic gratuity charges are applied to guests onboard SeaPass® accounts for stateroom and restaurant services. The amounts vary by USD 15.50 for standard accommodations and USD 16.00 for Concierge classes per person daily.
- All Included: This package applies to various stateroom types, including inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass® staterooms under the "Eligible Bookings."
- Eligible Bookings: Guests in these staterooms receive a Classic Drink Package, Gratuities ("Tips") Included, and unlimited Basic Wi-Fi.
- The Retreat: Guests with an Eligible Booking in The Retreat get additional benefits such as a Premium Drink Package, Tips Included, Onboard Credit (OBC), and unlimited Premium Wi-Fi. The amount of OBC varies based on the length of the sailing and is non-transferable and applicable to cruises only. OBC has no cash value and should be used for the final night of the cruise.
- Wi-Fi Instructions: Guests with Wi-Fi Packages will receive access instructions in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise.
- Same Stateroom: All guests sharing the same stateroom must choose the same rate.
- The Retreat Sundeck: This exclusive amenity is available on Edge® Series and Revolutionized ships but currently not available on Celebrity Solstice®, Celebrity Eclipse®, Celebrity Reflection®, Celebrity Infinity®, and Celebrity Constellation® ships.