Explore the best European cruise vacation guide and get inspired to cruise with your dear ones.
Most Europe cruises call in some of the most beautiful port cities in the world. It can be a pleasure to walk around Italy as you enjoy sumptuous and aromatic Italian food or experience the timeless and ethereal beauty of Greece. Who can forget the cascading waterfalls and caverns of Croatia? You can experience this and some more when you decide to embark on a Europe cruise.
Europe has three oceans – the Mediterranean, the Atlantic and the Arctic – and rivers where you can enjoy cruises. Each port city offers a unique culture and history that you can absorb. The cuisines, architecture, and sights will make your Europe cruise more fulfilling and memorable.
While Europe is one of the smallest continents, it offers numerous surprises. The awe-inspiring monuments, magnificent cathedrals, and regal castles make each cruise unique. There are so many different things to do during a Europe cruise that you will be spoilt for choices.
1. If your cruise takes you to Scandinavia, the long summers allow you to roam around until the wee hours. Take time out to go further north, where you can try and spot Aurora Borealis when the night is clear.
2. On your trip, you can visit Keukenhof Gardens, which is located just outside Amsterdam. From March through May, the gardens are home to over seven million vibrantly colored tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils.
3. Europe is steeped in culture and the two best places to experience this are the Sistine Chapel and the Louvre. Here, you will be able to see artwork by masters, like Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Monet, and Rembrandt.
4. Those looking for excitement and glamour can head to Monaco and Cote d’Azur. Look your stylish best as you lounge on the beach or wear your best and hit the casinos in Monaco and rub shoulders with the wealthy.
5. Romance is best experienced in Venice, where things turn magical when you go on a gondola ride on the Grand Canal and slowly sail under the iconic Rialto Bridge.
6. England too is a treasure trove of history and culture, especially the Tower of London, where the crown jewels are on display and you can also admire Big Ben.
When you are on a Europe cruise, your on-shore expeditions become a journey of discovery. Some of the best places to visit during the cruise are as follows:
1. Discover history and culture in Italy. Walk leisurely through the cobbled and bustling cities of Rome or lose yourself as you enjoy a gondola ride in Venice.
2. Make sure you spend time in Florence to pose in front of David, Michelangelo’s masterpiece. Finish your trip with authentic pizzas in Naples. What more could you ask for?
3. The Aegean Sea allows you to explore Greece and go back in time when you visit the Acropolis in Athens or take in homes with blue roofs in Santorini. You can enjoy trekking through the limestone hills around the Cyclades or cool off in the azure waters.
4. As a Game of Thrones fan, you should not miss an opportunity to go ashore in Dubrovnik. This city on the Adriatic coast is filled with history and culture waiting to be explored. You can go further to Plitvice Lakes National Park to get awed by the numerous waterfalls.
Europe is renowned for its different climates and weather. In Spain, it is warm and sunny throughout the year while the mercury dips in Sweden and you can enjoy the snow. Each part of Europe has a high and low season, so you may want to check that out before you book your Europe cruise.
Southern Europe has a high season in summer when millions from across the world come to relax on the beaches. On the other hand, November and December are peak season for cruises to Northern and Western Europe, when people want to explore mesmerizing Christmas markets and winter wonderlands.
Spring and fall are the best time to enjoy a cruise along the Mediterranean. During this time, you will not have to contend with large crowds and prices too will be more affordable. Winter is also another time for smaller crowds and cheaper prices.
Now you know everything about Europe cruises. It is time to book your cruise package and discover the magic of Europe.
Book Central America Cruises Now Costa Rica is well known for its natural landscape and biodiversity. Costa Ricans are the kindest to tourists and travelers, and their culture radiates humility. [...]
May 30, 2023