Here is the useful information for cruise passengers about the important things to do and not to do on a cruise.
If you are excited about going on a cruise, there are certain do's and don’ts that you should know to make your cruise safe, enjoyable, and relaxing.
So, here are a few often-forgotten do's and don’ts that cruise guests overlook. Paying heed to these tips culled from the experiences of seasoned cruisers will help you make the most of your vacation.
1. Do arrive at the port of embarkation at least 24 hours in advance. This will give you ample time to rest before you board the ship.
2. After boarding, tour the whole ship. Start from the top deck and work your way down, using the stairs. Find out where are the restaurant, bars, and other areas of the ship where you can relax.
3. Read the cruise newsletter from the first page to the last to find out all the free activities you can enjoy during your cruise.
4. Always take a carry-on bag with a change of clothes, sunscreen, flip-flops, swimsuit, and toiletries. It will be some time before the stewards bring your luggage to your cabin. Having these essentials at hand means you can begin your cruise vacation right away.
5. Make sure you reserve your place at specialty dining restaurants as soon as your cruise begins or you will not get the best time slots.
6. If you intend relaxing at the spa and salon, make the appointments early. Check out the spa to see the different treatments and therapies and then select the ones that help you relax.
7. Make sure for the captain’s dinner you wear formal attire. So, do remember to pack something that is apt for this dinner.
8. It is best to book your on-shore excursions directly with the excursion companies. You will get a better rate and end up saving significantly.
Also, Read: Which Best Time to Plan Your Cruise Trip?
1. Don’t forget to carry your passport with you as you will need it to board the ship and for on-shore excursions.
2. Don’t indulge in midnight buffets for the first couple of days. It is normal to feel a little seasick and eating a heavy meal in the night will worsen your nausea and queasiness.
3. Don’t take the elevator on the day passengers embark. The elevators will be packed with passengers and staff carrying luggage to different cabins and rooms.
4. There is no need to grumble about the seating arrangement for dinner. Instead, speak to the maitre d’ about the seating and they will help ensure you get what you want for the next dinner.
5. Never disembark from the ship without your passport and the cruise card. You will need it to get through security when going on excursions while the card will have to be presented at the time of re-boarding the ship at ports of call.
6. Don’t take it for granted that everything will be working seamlessly in the cabin. Test the toilet, shower and the light. Inspect the bed for bed bugs. Once you are satisfied, head out and enjoy your cruise. If there is a problem, let the room steward know of it. They will help to fix the issue.
7. Don’t ignore the muster drill. It is mandatory to attend it and will provide you with valuable information as to what is expected of you in case of an emergency.
8. Don’t take it for granted that the drink of the day is the best deal you will get. Order it only if you like the drink and want to consume it. Otherwise, opt for something else even if it is more expensive.
These are some of the most important do's and don’ts that every cruise passenger should know before they begin their cruise vacation. Knowing things beforehand will make your cruise vacation smoother and more enjoyable.
Also, Read: Top 10 ways to save money on a cruise
Book Your Cruise Journey With kids spending most of the time in front of computers and TVs, a cruise will be a welcome change. It will allow them to get close to nature and appreciate it. However, [...]
November 16, 2022
Book Southern Caribbean Cruises Southern Caribbean Cruise promises you the best of the holiday experience. The most spectacular highlights of the Southern Caribbean cruises are the rainforests, a [...]
July 29, 2022