Southern Europe Cruises
Cruise ships journeying to Southern Europe offer wonderful adventures. Travelers can enjoy luxurious travels to sun-kissed destinations like Italy, Greece, and Spain. These cruises serve scenic vistas, vibrant cultures, and delicious cuisines. Passengers explore historic landmarks, from the Colosseum in Rome to the Acropolis in Athens, engaging themselves in the rich tapestry of Mediterranean life. The sky-blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea beckon travelers, inviting them to chill on pristine beaches or stroll through charming seaside villages. Southern Europe cruises give very amazing experiences for those seeking peace and exploration alike.
Popular Departure Ports for Southern Europe Cruise
Many people start their cruises in well-known ports that lead to Southern Europe. Barcelona, a dynamic city in Spain, attracts travelers with its wealthy culture and stunning architecture. Venice, Italy, famous for its canals and historic landmarks, is another favored departure point. Athens, Greece, also serves as a significant port for those seeking Mediterranean adventures. These ports offer convenient access to the beauty and charm of Southern Europe, making them popular choices for cruise travelers eager to explore the region's wonders.
Things to know about Southern Europe Cruises
When planning a cruise to Southern Europe, remember to check your itinerary for the ports you'll visit. Southern Europe boasts a variety of stunning destinations, such as Greece, Italy, Spain, and Croatia. Each stop offers unique experiences, from exploring ancient ruins to indulging in delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Additionally, consider the climate and time of year for your cruise. Summers can be hot and crowded, while shoulder seasons like spring and fall offer milder weather and fewer tourists.
Another essential aspect of Southern European cruises is researching the cultural norms of each destination. Respect local customs and dress codes, particularly when visiting religious sites or dining at traditional restaurants. Also, familiarize yourself with the currency and language spoken in the countries you visit. While English is widely spoken in tourist areas, learning a few basic terms in the local language can enhance your experience and show appreciation for the local culture. By keeping these aspects in mind, you can ensure a memorable and enjoyable cruise through the enchanting landscapes of Southern Europe.
Get More Info About Cruise to Southern Europe:
Best Cruises to the Southern Europe
Here are the top cruise lines offering specialized itineraries for the Southern Europe:
Costa Fascinosa, a vibrant cruise launched in 2012, perfectly blends fun and relaxation. As one of Costa Cruises' largest ships, it features 5 hydro-massage pools, a self-propelled roof pool, a videogames room, a sauna, and more.
Ideal for families, it offers a Toboga aquatic slide and a top-quality mini club for kids. The ship's luxurious design, adorned with sparkling furniture, is inspired by the cinematic world. Costa Fascinosa ensures a delightful experience with amenities like "The Millionaire" casino and a 4D Cinema, combining fun and technology for all guests.
While Queen Victoria boasts an Italian exterior crafted at Fincantieri shipyard, her interior design pays homage to the British heritage of the cruise line. Smaller than the Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria's size allows her to navigate the Panama Canal, offering a broader range of itineraries than her larger sister ship.
MSC Orchestra, part of MSC's fleet since 2007, marks the eighth addition to the line. Alongside its sister ship, MSC Musica, it embodies MSC's fresh design strategy. With these two vessels, MSC is stepping up its game to rival European giants like Italy's Costa and Spain's Pullmantur.
Originally focusing on affordable European cruises, MSC's evolution since 2003 has been notable. Despite some crowded moments, MSC offers a unique European experience, blending Italian charm with innovative entertainment and port-intensive itineraries.
Norwegian Pearl is a delightfully entertaining ship, boasting imaginative decor like stairwell photos of wild animals and vibrant carpeting. It's the go-to vessel for Sixthman's lively theme cruises, with a perfect size for a seamless flow and numerous onboard activities.
The ship's two-story atrium feels both cozy and expansive. Cabins on specific decks ensure a quieter stay, and those seeking luxury can opt for The Haven. Norwegian Pearl's social atmosphere, lively nightlife, and family-friendly spaces make it a popular choice.
Carnival Legend, the third ship in the Spirit Class, brings exciting firsts for Carnival, like onboard wedding chapels and alternative restaurants. With 80 percent outside cabins and delightful touches like designer martinis and museum-quality artwork, the ship offers a vibrant atmosphere.
Kids enjoy Green Thunder slides and Splashdown while adults savor Aussie beers at RedFrog Pub. Entertainment includes Playlist Production shows and family fun like Seuss at Sea. Australian cruisers will appreciate local amenities and themed decor across 12 decks and 16 lounges.
Highlights of the Southern Europe Cruises
Exploring Southern Europe on a cruise is a feast for the senses. Just go and walk through ancient streets in Athens, savoring mouthwatering tapas in Barcelona and floundering in the sun-kissed beauty of the Amalfi Coast. Each port tells a story of history and culture, from the iconic crossroads of Rome to the charming villages of the Greek Isles. The vibrant colors of the Mediterranean Sea and the delectable local cuisines create an exceptional journey, making Southern Europe cruises a dream come true for any wanderlust-filled traveler.
- Tango performances in historic neighborhoods like San Telmo.
- Evita Peron's grave at the iconic Recoleta Cemetery.
- Plaza de Mayo is a central square with political and cultural significance.
- The Colosseum is an ancient amphitheater showcasing Roman history.
- Vatican City is home to St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel.
- Trevi Fountain is a stunning Baroque masterpiece for coin tossing.
- Nyhavn's colorful waterfront is lined with vibrant houses.
- Tivoli Gardens is one of the world's famous amusement parks.
- Hans Christian Andersen's tale inspired the Little Mermaid statue.
- Burj Khalifa is the world's tallest building with panoramic views.
- Dubai Mall offers luxury shopping and entertainment.
- Palm Jumeirah is an artificial archipelago with luxury resorts.
- The Old Town's medieval walls and well-preserved architecture.
- Stradun, the main street, is bustling with shops and cafes.
- Fort Lovrijenac provides stunning views of the Adriatic Sea.
- Hagia Sophia is a former cathedral turned mosque.
- Grand Bazaar is one of the world's most ancient and largest covered markets.
- Bosphorus Cruise showcases the city's skyline and historical sites.
- Belem Tower is a UNESCO World Heritage place by the Tagus River.
- Alfama district's narrow streets and Fado music.
- Jeronimos Monastery is an architectural masterpiece in the Manueline style.
Rio De Janeiro:
- Christ the Redeemer is an iconic statue atop Corcovado Mountain.
- Copacabana and Ipanema beaches are world-famous for their beauty.
- Sugarloaf Mountain offers breathtaking panoramic views.
- Historic buildings and cafes surround St. Mark's Square.
- Gondola rides along picturesque canals with arched bridges.
- Murano Island is renowned for its glassmaking traditions.
- St. John's Co-Cathedral is adorned with Baroque art and architecture.
- Upper Barrakka Gardens offers incredible views of the Grand Harbor.
- Malta Experience is a multimedia show narrating the island's history.
Get Cheap Southern Europe Cruises
Are you looking for a cheap vacation on a cruise ship that goes all around Southern Europe? Then you're in the right place at CruiseBooking.com. We offer affordable trips on Southern Europe Cruises. We want everyone to have a fun vacation, so if you're thinking about a Southern Europe cruise, we can find one to fit your budget.
You can enjoy beautiful blue oceans, delicious cuisine, and different cultures without spending too much money. We have many affordable cruise options that offer a great experience without costing too much. Don't miss out on this chance for an awesome adventure.
Book your spot on a budget-friendly Southern Europe cruise now. Start planning your trip to paradise right away with CruiseBooking.com.
FAQs for Cruises to Southern Europe
CruiseBooking.com offers budget-friendly trips, making it possible for everyone to enjoy a fantastic vacation without breaking the bank.
Yes, many cruise lines offer family-friendly Southern Europe itineraries. Onboard facilities often include kids' clubs, family-friendly entertainment, and age-appropriate activities to cater to all members of the family.
You can enjoy sightseeing tours to historic landmarks, exploring ancient ruins, satisfying delicious local cuisine, shopping in vibrant markets, and relaxing on beautiful beaches.
The best time to go on a Southern Europe cruise is typically during the spring (April to June) and fall (September to October) when the temperature is mild, and crowds are smaller.
Gratuities are typically not included in the base fare of Southern Europe cruises. It's customary to tip service staff onboard, and gratuities are often added automatically to your onboard account or can be paid directly.
Pack lightweight clothing for warm weather, comfortable walking shoes, swimsuits, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and clothing suitable for evenings and formal dinners onboard.