- Boarding and departure assistance with wheelchairs provided for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Assistance is also available for blind guests; request service at a pier or before the cruise.
- Potential wait for assistance during peak times; crew members cannot lift guests.
- Guests with mobility disabilities receive expedited processing and priority boarding if boarding hasn't begun.
- Accessible transportation is available between the airport and the pier upon advance request, with no charge for transfer-purchasing guests (limited availability outside the US).
- Complimentary wheelchairs for embarkation and disembarkation; option to bring your own or rent from cruise-approved rental companies for onboard use.
- Allowed assistive devices: wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers, canes, etc.; Segways® are prohibited for safety reasons.
- There is no need for disability proof, but guests are asked to affirm the need for an accessible stateroom during booking.
- Traveling with a companion is not obligatory for guests with disabilities; the crew does not provide personal task assistance.
- Guests with assistance should consider these when booking fitness to travel without personal help discussed with the Access Department.
- Service dogs are individually trained to assist a person with a disability.
Special Dietary Requirements
- Celebrity Cruises strives to accommodate guests' dietary requirements whenever possible.
- Refer to the complete guide for comprehensive information regarding nutritional accommodations.
- Celebrity ships are non-smoking for guest comfort and enjoyment.
- Prohibition of hookahs and water pipes under the non-smoking policy.
- Smoking is prohibited inside staterooms or on stateroom balconies, regardless of category.
- Smoking is prohibited in dining venues, theatres, bars, lounges, hallways, elevators, jogging tracks, and most indoor areas.
- Restricted outdoor areas, food venues, kids' play areas, and pools are no-smoking zones.
- Violation of the policy results in a cleaning fee being added to the guest's onboard account.
- Designated smoking areas on the ship, indicated by signage and equipped with ashtrays.
- Guests can inquire about smoking area locations at the Guest Relations Desk.
- Visible signage in casinos designates smoking and non-smoking sections.
- Cigar and pipe tobacco are limited to designated outdoor areas and cigar bars (if available).
- Electronic cigarettes are allowed only in designated smoking areas.
- Proper disposal of cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco; no throwing overboard.
- Minimum age of 21 for purchasing, possessing, or using tobacco.
- Local smoking laws apply during voyages departing from international ports of call.
- Replacing higher wattage halogen and incandescent bulbs with fluorescent and LED lights.
- Fluorescent and LED bulbs use 80% less energy and generate 50% less heat.
- Increased energy efficiency, longer lifespan, and improved air conditioning due to more excellent bulbs.
Propulsion and Hull Design:
- New hull design and propulsion systems lead to significant energy savings.
- Reduce energy consumption by Rail Diesel Engines
- and NOX emissions at all engine loads.
Heating, Ventilation, and AC:
- Equipped with efficient air-conditioning equipment.
- Improved system design and automation contribute to energy savings.
Operation Conservation Measures:
- Environmental policies guide shipboard and shoreside employees.
- The crew advised turning off lights, water, and appliances when unnecessary.
- Temperature thermostats are adjusted when unoccupied.
- Towels and bed linens were reused before laundering.
Fresh Water Consumption:
- Installed water-reduction technology and devices.
- Features include sink aerators, low-flow showerheads, reduced-flow dishwashers, and efficient laundry equipment.
Advanced Wastewater Purification:
- Fleet-wide installation of Advanced Wastewater Purification (AWP) systems.
- AWP systems exceed global ship wastewater discharge standards.
Renewable Energy Sources:
- Ships are equipped with solar panels to reduce fossil fuel-derived energy consumption.
- Solar panels generate power for elevators and LED lights.
- Installation of high-efficiency appliances throughout the ship.
- Ongoing evaluation of appliance efficiency, including TVs, coffeemakers, ice makers, ovens, and dishwashers.
- Application of solar-heat-preventing window films.
- Reduced need for air conditioning due to improved window efficiency.
- Application of environmentally safe silicone paints.
- Innovative coatings increase hull smoothness, reducing the energy needed for water travel.
What's included in The Retreat experience
- The Withdrawal includes all suites
- The Retreat Lounge (Michael's Club)
- The Retreat Sundeck (revolutionized ships and on Edge Series)
- Premium drinks
- Premium Wi-Fi (two guests in a suite)
- Onboard credit
During the Day:
- Swimsuits and coverups
- Walking shorts and sun-protective shirts
- Lightweight slacks, skirts, or sundresses
- Light sweater or jacket
- Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Long-sleeve clothing, sweaters
- Layerable pants
- Waterproof jackets, hats, gloves, umbrellas for rain/snow
- Appropriate shoes for terrain
- Water shoes for waterfalls
- Headscarf or conservative dress for cultural sites
- Casual resort wear, sundresses, shorts
- Polos, button-downs
- Sandals, low heels, loafers
- Activewear and sneakers for the gym
- Poolside: bathing suits, coverups, T-shirts, hats, sunglasses
- Main and Specialty Dining:
- Avoid: Swimsuits, see-through coverups, bare feet, tank tops, T-shirts, baseball caps
- Required for main dining, specialty dining, Celebrity Theatre
- Acceptable: Dress, skirt, long pants, jeans, stylish top, button-down
- Not Smart Casual: Shorts, flip flops
- Featured on 1-2 "formal" nights
- Dress to impress, glamorous and sophisticated
- Options: Cocktail dress, skirt, slacks, designer jeans, elegant dress top, blazer, tuxedo, gown
- Refer to the Daily program for the correct attire
- Smart Casual is accepted for dining/theatre if not participating in Evening Chic
Wi-Fi & Internet Access
- Wi-Fi services are available on all Celebrity Cruises® fleet, except Galapagos-based ships.
Premium Wi-Fi Package:
- Share vacation memories on social media.
- Message and video chat with buddies and family.
- Browse the web and send emails with large files.
- Enjoy streaming apps for videos, movies, shows, and music.
Basic Wi-Fi Package*:
- Browse the web and send emails.
- Text via select messaging apps.
- Stay connected at a great value.
- Restrictions: No large file emails, social media sharing, streaming apps, or video calls.
- Infants must be at least six months old for most cruises/Cruises.
- On specific cruises/cruise tours, infants must be 12 months old as a minimum requirement.
- Excessive alcohol consumption impairs judgment and awareness of danger.
- Responsible alcohol consumption is expected from guests.
- Ship staff may refuse service to guests who are not consuming alcohol responsibly.
- Proof of age may be requested for alcohol consumption.
- Providing alcohol to minors is prohibited.
- Drinking games are not allowed.
- Minimum drinking age: 21 for North America, UAE, and private destinations.
- Minimum drinking age: 18 for South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Home port determines the legal drinking age for other sailings.
- Minimum age is determined at the start of the cruise.
- Guests can modify records if they become of legal age during the voyage.
- Identification is required for age verification.
- Guests can bring up to two 750 ml (about 25.36 oz) wine bottles (corkage fee on embarkation day).
- Containers may be inspected, and concealed alcohol will be disposed of.
- Purchased alcohol will be secured and returned at the end of the cruise.
- Underage guests won't have alcohol replaced.
- Purchased alcohol must be presented to Security after re-boarding.
- Responsibility for consuming alcohol onshore rests with the guest.
- Parents/guardians are accountable for minor/young adult actions on the cruise.
- Our meticulous attention to detail ensures an unparalleled vacation experience with no boundaries.
- Efforts provide easy ship access and an unmatched cruise vacation for all guests.
- A comprehensive solution for special needs cruise ships.
- Access Department Information:
- Commitment to a once-in-a-lifetime trip for everyone.
- Going the extra mile to optimize ships for passengers with specific accessibility needs.
- Public doors designed for wheelchair access.
- Wheelchair-accessible staterooms with unique features.
- Inclusion of Braille signage throughout our vessels.
- Special Services Contact Details:
- Phone: (0)1932 834194
- Email: email@example.com
- To arrange accessibility services before your cruise:
- Complete the Celebrity Cruises Guest Special Needs Form.
- Contact the Special Services team using the details provided.
- Celebrity Cruises® offers a focus on choice and convenience for guests.
- Popular amenities bundled: Drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips, making it simple and valuable.
- Drinks: Enjoy a wide selection, including beers, spirits, cocktails, wines, sodas, juices, and more from the Classic Drinks Package.
- Wi-Fi: Basic Wi-Fi access is included, allowing web browsing, email, and messaging.
- Tips: Relax while the cruise ensures a memorable vacation experience.
- Cruise-Only Rates: Automatic gratuity charges on SeaPass® accounts - USD 15.50 for standard accommodations, USD 16.00 for Concierge Class.
- All Included: Available for eligible bookings, encompassing various stateroom categories.
- Eligible Bookings: Receive Classic Drink Package including Tips and unlimited Basic Wi-Fi.
- The Retreat guests receive a Premium Drink Package, Tips, OBC, and unlimited Premium Wi-Fi.
- OBC (Onboard Credit): The amount varies based on sailing length and is usable for cruise expenses only.
- OBC: Non-cash, non-transferable, expires if unused by the final night.
- Wi-Fi instructions are provided on the first cruise day; all roommates in the same stateroom must choose the same rate.
- The Retreat Sundeck is available on Edge® Series and Revolutionized ships, not on certain other ships.