Explore the best Tasmania cruise vacation guide and get inspired to cruise with your beloved ones.
The island state of Australia, Tasmania is renowned for its awe-inspiring landscapes, unique plants and animals, and lip-smacking cuisine. It is also home to one of the best deep-water harbors in the world and the bustling city of Hobart has numerous attractions that will keep you busy when your cruise ship makes a call at the city. You will love the city, as it is filled with colonial history at every corner.
Tasmania promises a fabulous experience. Here are some of the most interesting things to indulge in for sure:
1. The Hobart waterfront is where you will disembark from your cruise ship to begin your expedition of the city. The waterfront is the heart of Hobart and home to some of the best restaurants, art galleries, a weekly market, and bars. As you make your way out of the harbor, enjoy some fish and chips to sustain you as you explore this neighborhood.
2. Be sure to visit the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum, which is at the waterfront and showcases the city’s connection to the Antarctic. There are several heritage sites in the city, including the Cascade’s Female Factory, which was a convict site. Then there is MONA, the museum for contemporary and old art. Do make time to visit the Moorilla Winery for a delicious meal and check out the art and antique collection belonging to David Walsh.
3. Hobart also has several welcoming bars, distilleries, and wineries. If you are into craft beer, visit Shambles Brewery to enjoy their craft beers. The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens sees locals and visitors who come here to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle.
1. Visit Salamanca Place to check out stunning Victorian and Georgian architecture. Here, you will also be able to check out terrace warehouses that date back to 1830 when whaling was at its peak. Sullivans Cove is another place at the waterfront that you should visit to see the Parliament House. This imposing structure is crafted out of sandstone. From there, you can go to the Theatre Royal, which is the oldest operating theater in Australia.
2. There is no dearth of parks and gardens in Tasmania and if you are a nature lover, head to Waterworks Reserve, Fitzroy Gardens and St David’s Park. Wildlife enthusiasts can visit the Bonorong Park Wildlife Centre to spot the world-famous Tasmanian Devil and echidnas.
3. To enjoy historic buildings and architecture, explore Battery Point. You will step back in time amidst these buildings. Arthur’ Circus is not for the faint-hearted. It is home to the Old Hobart Gaol and is renowned for its ghost tour.
4. The Narryna Heritage Museum and the Maritime Museum allow you to learn a little bit about the colonial and natural history of Tasmania while the Time Warp House offers you an interactive experience of life in Australia in the last century.
5. In case you have a sweet tooth, you will adore Cadbury Chocolate Factory and Island Produce Fudge Factory where your taste buds go on a magical ride as you sample chocolate and fudge with unique flavors.
While many cruise lines offer Tasmanian cruises throughout the year, the best time to visit this unique and inviting island is from December to February when the Southern Hemisphere has its summer. Not only can you explore the island, but you can also go scuba diving and hiking. Of course, be prepared for hordes of visitors who come to Tasmania to rest and relax.
If you are looking for affordable cruises, check out Tasmania cruises from May to September. During that period the crowds thin out and everything is much cheaper.
Tasmania cruises can be fun and relaxing. The island has so much to offer discerning travelers. So, when are you booking your Tasmania cruise to explore one of the infrequently visited cruise destinations in the world? You will not be disappointed.
Book Cruises to Hawaii Hawaii and Tahiti are exotic destinations and considered two of the most romantic cruise destinations in the South Pacific. The Hawaiian Islands, home to Polynesians since [...]
September 19, 2022
Book Mexico Cruises Sunny and warm Cabo San Lucas in Mexico is a popular tourist destination for commoners as well as the who's who. The premier beach resort town lies in the extreme south of [...]
September 19, 2022