Boarding and Departure Assistance
- Wheelchair assistance is provided for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Service for guests who are blind.
- Request assistance at the pier or contact in advance for prioritization.
- Possible wait during peak times; crew can't lift guests.
Mobility Disabilities Services
- Quicker processing at the dock for guests with mobility disabilities.
- Priority boarding if boarding has yet to start.
- Pre-arranged accessible transportation between the airport and the port is available.
- There is no extra charge for guests with transfers.
- Limited availability outside the United States.
- Complimentary wheelchairs for boarding and disembarking.
- Guests can bring their wheelchair/scooter or rent one for the cruise.
Assistive Devices on Board
- Allowed devices: wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers, canes, etc.
- Segways® are not permitted for safety reasons.
Proof of Disability
- There is no need for medical certificates or disability placards.
- Guests attest to their need for an accessible stateroom during booking.
Traveling with Another Person
- Not required for guests with disabilities.
- Personnel won't perform personal tasks (eating, dressing, etc.).
- Guests needing assistance should consider their needs when booking.
- The fitness to travel without personal assistance was discussed with the Access Department.
- Service dogs accepted on board.
- Definition: dogs trained to work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
- Service dogs are not considered pets.
Special Dietary Requirements
- Celebrity Cruises strives to accommodate guests' dietary requirements whenever possible.
- For more detailed information, please refer to the complete guide by Celebrity Cruises.
- Infants must be at least six months old for the cruise.
- On specific cruise tours, infants must be 12 months old.
During the Day:
- Warm Climates: Swimsuits and cover-ups, Sun-protective walking shorts and shirts, Lightweight slacks, skirts or sundresses, Light sweaters or jackets, Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Cooler Climates: Long-sleeved clothing and sweaters, Layerable pants, Waterproof jackets, hats, gloves, and umbrellas for rainy or snowy areas.
- Globetrotting: Appropriate shoes for excursions and terrain, Specialized gear (e.g., water shoes, headscarves) based on activities and cultural visits.
- Throughout the Ship: Casual resort wear, sundresses, shorts, polos, button-downs, Sandals, low heels, loafers, Activewear, and sneakers for the gym.
- Poolside: Bathing suits with cover-ups, T-shirts, tanks, hats, sunglasses.
- Dining Areas: Avoid wearing swimsuits, sheer cover-ups, robes, bare feet, tank tops, T-shirts, baseball caps
- Smart Casual: Required for main dining, specialty dining, and Celebrity Theatre
- Comfortable yet tasteful attire: Dress, skirt, long pants, jeans, Stylish top or button-down
- Not considered Smart Casual: shorts, flip flops
- Occurs on one to two "formal" nights per itinerary
- Dress to impress, glamorous and sophisticated: Cocktail dresses, skirts, slacks, designer jeans, elegant dress tops, blazers.
- Optional: Tuxedos or gowns for onboard photos, Evening attire guide provided in the Daily program
- Innovative Casual is acceptable for dining and theater if not participating in Evening Chic.
- Celebrity ships are non-smoking for guest comfort and enjoyment.
- Hookahs and water pipes are not allowed due to the non-smoking policy.
- No smoking inside staterooms or stateroom balconies, regardless of category.
- Smoking is prohibited in dining venues, theaters, bars, lounges, hallways, elevators, and most indoor areas.
- Specific outdoor spaces like restricted areas, food venues, kids' play areas, and pools are non-smoking.
- Violations of the no-smoking policy result in a cleaning fee added to the guest's onboard account.
- Designated smoking areas are available on the ship, marked with signage, and provided with ashtrays.
- The Guest Relations Desk can give information about the ship's designated smoking areas.
- Casinos on applicable itineraries have visible signs for smoking and non-smoking sections.
- Cigar and pipe tobacco are limited to outdoor spaces and potential cigar bars.
- E-cigarettes are only allowed in designated smoking areas.
- Proper disposal of cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco is required, no throwing overboard.
- Guests must be at least 21 to purchase, possess, or use tobacco.
- International port departures are subject to local smoking laws during the voyage.
Wi-Fi & Internet Access
Wi-Fi services are available on all Celebrity Cruises® fleets, except Galapagos-based ships.
Premium Wi-Fi Package:
- Share vacation memories on social media
- Message and video chat with friends & family
- Browse the web and send emails with larger files
- Enjoy streaming videos, movies, shows, and music
Basic Wi-Fi Package:
- Browse the web and send emails
- Text family and friends using select messaging apps
- Value option for staying connected during vacation
- No emailing large files
- No sharing photos or videos on social media
- No use of streaming apps
- No video calls
- Replacing higher wattage halogen and incandescent bulbs with fluorescent and LED lights.
- Fluorescent and LED bulbs use 80% less energy and generate 50% less heat.
- Longer lifespan, contributing to energy efficiency and reduced air conditioning load.
Propulsion and Hull Design:
- New hull design and Common Rail Diesel Engines result in energy savings and lower NOX emissions.
Heating, Ventilation, and AC:
- Equipped with efficient air-conditioning equipment and system improvements.
Operation Conservation Measures:
- Environmental policies guide shipboard and shoreside employees.
- Crew advised turning off lights, water, and appliances when unnecessary.
- Temperature thermostats are adjusted to comfortable levels when vacant.
- Towels and bed linens are reused to minimize laundering.
Fresh Water Consumption:
- Water-reduction technology and appliances installed to conserve water.
- Features include sink aerators, low-flow showerheads, efficient dishwashers, and laundry equipment.
Advanced Wastewater Purification:
- Fleet-wide installation of Advanced Wastewater Purification (AWP) systems.
- AWP systems exceed global ship wastewater discharge standards.
Renewable Energy Sources:
- Solar power technology equipped on ships.
- Solar panels contribute to reduced consumption of fossil fuel-derived energy.
- Installation of energy-efficient appliances throughout the boat.
- Evaluation of all appliance types for efficiency, including TVs, coffeemakers, ovens, etc.
- Application of window films with solar heat prevention capabilities.
- Reduced air conditioning demand due to decreased heat penetration.
- Application of silicone paints to increase hull smoothness.
- A smooth hull minimizes the energy needed for water travel.
What's included in The Retreat experience?
Suite Accommodations: The Retreat
Private Restaurant: Luminae at The Retreat
Exclusive Lounge: The Retreat Lounge
- On non-revolutionized ships, it's known as Michael's Club
Exclusive Sundeck: The Retreat Sundeck
- Available on Edge Series and revolutionized ships
- Premium liquors
- Premium Wi-Fi (two guests in a suite)
- Onboard credit
Choice Matters with Celebrity Cruises®
- Pre-packaged popular amenities: drinks, Wi-Fi, tips
- Optimal value and convenience
- All are Included with one price
- Beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs
- Frozen drinks, wines by the glass
- Sodas, juices, specialty coffees
- Bottled water from Classic Drinks Package
- Importance of staying connected
- Included Basic Wi-Fi access for all guests
- Browse the web, check email, use messaging apps
- Comprehensive service for a memorable vacation
- Please sit back and relax, we've got you covered
Terms & Conditions
- Prices per person, cruise, and amenities for stateroom
- Gratuities are automatically charged to the Sea Pass® account
- Standard accommodations: $15.50USD per person per day
- Concierge Class: $16.00USD per person per day
- Applies to various stateroom categories (inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, AquaClass®) with the All Included Rate ("Eligible Bookings")
Eligible Booking guests receive
- Classic Drink Package
- Gratuities ("Tips") Included
- Unlimited Basic Wi-Fi Package
The Retreat guests receive
- Premium Drink Package
- Tips Included
- Onboard Credit (OBC)
- Unlimited Premium Wi-Fi Package
- OBC amount varies by sailing length and is non-transferable
- Wi-Fi access instructions were provided on the first day
- Same stateroom guests must choose the same rate
The Retreat Sundeck
- Available on Edge® Series and Revolutionized ships
Not available on certain ships
- Celebrity Solstice®, Celebrity Eclipse®, Celebrity Reflection®
- Celebrity Infinity®, Celebrity Constellation®
Alcohol Consumption and Policies:
- Excessive alcohol consumption impairs judgment and safety awareness.
- Responsible alcohol consumption is expected from guests.
- Ship's staff may refuse alcohol service to irresponsible guests.
- The ship's staff might request age verification.
- Providing alcohol to minors is prohibited.
- Drinking games are not allowed.
Minimum Drinking Age
- Minimum age to drink on North American and UAE sailings: 21.
- Minimum age to drink in private destinations: 21.
- Minimum age to consume on South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand sailings: 18.
- The home port's legal drinking age determines the age on other sailings.
- Check Guest Relations or stateroom info for cruise-specific age details.
- The guest's age is determined at the start of the cruise.
- Guests can update records if they come of age during the voyage.
Bringing Alcoholic Beverages
- Generally, guests can't bring alcohol onboard.
- On embarkation day, legal drinking-age guests can get two bottles of wine (750 ml each) subject to a corkage fee.
- The corkage fee doesn't apply to Classic/Premium Beverage Package holders.
- Security can inspect containers for concealed alcohol.
- Alcohol bought onboard or in ports will be held by the ship's personnel.
- It will be returned at the cruise's end, except for underage guests.
- Guests going ashore and consuming alcohol are responsible for responsible behavior.
- Parents/guardians are accountable for minor/young adult actions on the cruise.
- Our attention to detail creates an unparalleled vacation experience.
- Efforts made for easy ship access and exceptional cruise vacations.
- Particular focus on accessibility for all guests, including those with special needs.
- Wheelchair accessibility: all public doors and specially designed staterooms.
- Braille signage is implemented throughout our ships.
Contact for special services:
To arrange accessibility services:
- Fill out the Celebrity Cruises Guest Special Needs Form.
- Contact the Special Services team with the contact details provided.