Learn about the MS Nordlys cruise ship – its unique offerings, amenities, accommodations, staterooms, cabin information, and details of luxurious suites, decks, dining, specialty dining, public venues, entertainment, health and fitness facilities, activities for kids and teens, sports and enrichment programs for all family members, pictures and videos.
Search for the MS Nordlys cruise trip itinerary schedules for 2023 - 2024 and find the best cruise deals for your wonderful cruise holidays.
Both the name and the interior design of this modern expedition vessel are inspired by the magnificent Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
The art, decorations and colors of this ship are all inspired by the Northern Lights. Subtle aesthetics create a distinctive and unique onboard atmosphere. Passengers can relax on a comfortable sun lounger in one of the ship's lounges after a long day of Hurtigruten's various tours and activities.
Refurbishment in 2019
MS Nordlys was renewed in May 2019. All cabins have been overhauled and a new cabin category has been added. The upgrade added some new features to the ship.
- All cabins and suites have been completely modernized to meet Hurtigruten's new standards. On Deck 6, several cabins are combined into large suites, some with large bay windows and great views.
- In addition to the complete renovation, the rear-facing Torget main restaurant features large deck-to-ceiling windows.
- A brand new activity center serves as the onboard headquarters for Hurtigruten's expedition team.
- Kysten Fine Dining offers innovative cuisine using high-quality local ingredients, including ultra-fresh seafood. Slightly different from other Hurtigruten ships, they are also open for à la carte lunches.
- The gym on Deck 7 has been enlarged, the sauna has been upgraded, and two new aft-facing outdoor hot tubs have been added.
- Two new lecture halls have been created on Deck 4, as well as a compass information and shopping area where guests can enjoy special offers on outdoor clothing and other items.
- Multe Bakery, a casual and popular Hurtigruten bakery, opens on Deck 7 with a wide selection of freshly baked cakes and pastries, smorrebros (open-faced sandwiches with generous toppings), smoothies, and a wide variety of local delicacies with homemade toppings Offers ice cream. Premium coffee, organic herbal teas, and premium juices.
- The forward-facing Explorer Lounge and Panorama Bar offer a unique atmosphere and the best views of the ship, with front-row seats to enjoy the northern lights, midnight sun, wildlife and nature passing by.
A Hurtigruten vessel is a work vessel that operates regularly according to a fixed schedule. Ships, moving goods, vehicles and passengers between ports day and night, are an integral part of Norwegian° daily life. The ship calls at the port 24 hours a day. Some cabins may experience noise and vibration when loading luggage. This depends on the location of the cabin and the type of ship. Also, the effects of noise vary from person to person, and what is an issue for one person may not be an issue for another. Please contact our reservations team to find out which cabin location is best for you.
It is not customary to tip Hurtigruten ships on coastal voyages. However, tip boxes are placed inside the restaurant with envelopes if it is felt that flight attendants should be rewarded for outstanding service.